Friday 27 December 2019

Heroic Dad Saves Son From Python

Scrub Python
Brave Dad,Evan Thompson said the incident occurred outside of a new home in Airlie Beach, a coastal location in Queensland's Whitsunday Region. The dad told 7 News he turned around after hearing a scream, and saw his child was being attacked by a scrub python.


The non-venomous python is the country's longest snake, and this one reptile was particularly aggressive during the encounter, Thompson said.

"It was just a massive snake. It's head was very big and was latched onto [my son's] leg," he said.
continue the boy, and actual snake after it was killed.



"At that stage, he was holding onto the side of the boardwalk and it was just pulling him under, into the bush. I knew I had to do something so I ran straight up and punched it straight in the head."

Thompson told 7News the one he fought off was at least 15 feet long. He said the snake tried to attack multiple times and managed to bite the child on the upper leg.


"I knew I just had to do something," the dad said. "I grabbed its jaw and just bent it back as hard as I could to get [the snake] off him. As it popped off [my son] ran off. The snake dropped back down and then tried to get back up onto the boardwalk at my son. Then I had to run around and grab it on the tail and just pull this thing away as it was constantly trying to get back at him."

The python was eventually killed with the help of a friend, Thompson said. The child was taken to Mackay hospital for treatment on his leg wound and is now recovering, 7 News reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment